What is hydroponics?
Hydroponics is the art and science of growing plants using mineral nutrient solutions, in water, without soil.
What can I grow using the Green Machine?
Our hydroponic system is able to grow leafy vegetables indoors, year round. Certain fruits and vegetables are more difficult for growing hydroponically, including tomatoes. Below is just a brief list of recommended plants that can be grown using the Green Machine™:
- Swiss Chard
- Romaine Lettuce
Why grow with hydroponics?
Some of the reasons why hydroponics is being adapted around the world for food production are the following:
- No soil is needed for hydroponics
- The water stays in the system and can be reused - thus, a lower water requirement
- It is possible to control the nutrition levels in thier entirety - thus, lower nutrition requirements
- No nutrition pollution is released into the environment because of the controlled system
- Stable and high yields
- Pests and diseases are easier to get rid of than in soil because of the container’s mobility
- Ease of harvesting
- No pesticide damage
- Plants grow healthier
- It is better for consumption
How long does it take to grow these vegetables, from seeding to harvest?
It takes about 6-8 weeks depending on the particular plants being grown. Seeding and germination can take anywhere from 10-14 days. Once the seeds sprout and can be transplanted into our Green Machine, the plants generally will continue to grow until they are ideal for harvest, and will vary from plant to plant.
Where can I find out more information?
We are happy to set up a meeting with you to present all the information regarding the machine, purchases and business inquires. Please contact us!